Our department Hosting & Cloud Services is an international team of experts focused on the provision of stable and innovative services to all E.ON business units, distributed globally. The team exists to manage the delivery of technical services, significantly by managing our strategic providers to maximize compliance, collaboration and innovation. Working closely with our Business and wider IT colleagues we are looking to enhance our team with a skilled and experienced person who can champion, promote and drive through this agenda across our international business.
In this role you will
- Manage, plan, develop, deliver and support assigned IT Cloud and Hosting Services in close cooperation with outsourcing partners. With a focus on x86 based server technologies, Services and Platforms, such as Virtualization, Clustering, File Services, Web Services, FRS, DFS, DNS, etc.
- Steer the development and maturity of Technical Services and input towards the services strategic direction, in alignment and coordination with stakeholders from Business, wider IT Departments, Teams and external Suppliers
- Ensure that support teams provide appropriate and timely responses to incidents, including channeling requests for assistance to appropriate functions for resolution, monitor resolution activity and keep clients appraised of progress towards service restoration.
- Take ownership of technical problems and escalations, and work with internal colleagues, departments and external Service Providers to achieve effective resolutions.
- As a part of Service Lifecycle planning, support E.ONs cloudification strategy, by proactively identifying opportunities to migrate to, and make better use of, available cloud services.
- In close collarobation with other IT departments and the Business IT teams support international project, as well as the integration of new companies or operating models, to implement enterprise solutions with E.ONs external Service Providers.
- Maintain a broad overview of service costs, and proactively identify opportunities to optimize.
- Work closely with, and support other IT service Owners for Hosting Services across a fast moving and maturing Hybrid Cloud landscape.
- Communicate effectively with senior managers, international colleagues and other business stakeholders, including taking ownership of ane resolving "information requests."
- Steer external Suppliers, including the tracking and controlling of SLAs and other contractual obligations. Manage the delivery of services, ensuring that they are documented, processed and delivered according to agreed standards, procedures and schedules
- Towards the business, projects and other IT colleagues, provide advice and guidance on the scope of Hosting Cloud services, including the contractual obligations, standards, procedures and schedules that they adhere to.
- Drive operational excellence and continuous improvement.
What we need from you
You don't have to be Superman but there are a few qualities / knowledge we need from you ...
- graduate degree, preferably in business informatics or an IT related discipline, including related fields, or have gained significant comparable knowledge through practical experience
- your career has developed from a technical background, where you have maintained a strong understanding od technical capability, compliance and mturity across enviroments with a large and diverse IT infrastructure
- years of experience managing or directly hands on in the design, rollout, and operations of Server Technologies in large enterprise enviroments, ideally including Wintel and Linux, where you can rely on practical know-how when coordinating with colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers
- knowledge od the full server Lifecycle across innovation, maintenance, upgrade and retirement
- a sound understanding of server enviroments across public and private clouds, especially where security, compliance and availability are of paramount importance
- solied experience in the ITC industry or an IT/Infrastructure services function and in the control and steering of service providers and ideally ITIL certified with at least a practical uniderstanding of its adoption
- experience steering outsourced service providers, including a general understanding of contractual IT law and regulations
- your personal qualities include a high level od motivation, a good ability to cope with pressure, a high degree of seld-responsibility, open and honest communication abilities, team spirit and willingness to travel
- very good business level command of English
- Please apply with your CV in english,
- Strong, international and stable company.
- 5 weeks of vacation.
- Contribution to supplementary pension insurance and other benefits based on collective agreement.
- Flexible working hours.
- Education and systematic professional development.
- Pleasant work team.
- The opportunity to shape the new energy world.
- The chance to shape E.ON’s future.
- Exciting business challenges to be solved.
- A space to develop ideas and create personal impact.
- An agile and hands-on environment.
- A rewarding contribution towards E.ONs digital transformation.
- Membership of a truly international team with an international strategy.
- Take responsibility to commit and deliver with your team.
- A hybrid workplace with work from home possibilities.
- Flexible working hours.
- Development opportunities.
Start date: 01.11.2021
Closing date: 19.10.2021
Are you interested in this job position and are you wondering where to send your CV?
Just click on the blue box Login and create an online application in our database. We will contact you as soon as possible!
If you have any questions, you can contact Jarmila Grulová, email@example.com.
E.ON is commited to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 75 000 colleagues in 15 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks and customer solutions.