E.ON Česká republika, s.r.o. provides professional service and consulting to all other companies of the E.ON Czech Group. The key services relate mainly to support and delivery of services in the areas of HR, IT, finance, legal, business administration and communication. Approximately a thousand managers, specialists, experts and administrative staff work here to help drive the entire E.ON Group forward towards a modern, digital company that can easily meet the challenges of today's energy industry and succeed in the Czech energy market.
The Energy Markets teams function within the E.ON Group is accessing trading markets for E.ON's regional units, bundling and managing associated risks and performing services and additional value-creating activities. This includes the provision of portfolio strategies, risk management concepts and business activities in the field of data and information processing. The function is centrally managed and is active in various European countries.
For our Portfolio Analysis and Development department within E.ON Česká republika, s.r.o. in Prague we are looking full-time for a Data Scientist.
In this role you will
- design with the team AI-based solutions that can bring ideas from pilot to commercially viable reality within the groupwide energy supply and optimization activities of the E.ON Group.
- evaluate different techniques, tools and approaches to a large variety of machine learning problems, e.g. in the fields of algorithmic trading, forecasting, costing or portfolio and risk analysis.
- develop algorithms for data preparation, feature extraction, data analytics and machine learning and train, validate and test the models to achieve high performance.
- support the team in monitoring and analyzing the value and risk drivers in sales and supply portfolio across E.ON’s regional units in Europe.
- support the design of data models on Microsoft Azure environments in close cooperation with our DevOps team for our Energy Market Data Platform.
- support the development of quantitative analytical and stochastic models to analyze the portfolio and to optimize risk and returns in the different regional portfolios.
You bring a background that convinces
- university degree in computer science, mathematics, finance, or related technical discipline
- real passion for science and problem solving by working on data, paired with a strong motivation to deliver valuable solutions for business needs
- joy to work both within a highly motivated team and independently combined with willingness to take on responsibility
- enthusiasm for statistics, non-linear optimization, algorithm development, feature extraction, and signal processing
- first hands-on experience in coding (e.g. Python) and several ML methods (e.g. gradient boosting, random forest, clustering algorithms, etc.)
- interest and ideally knowledge of financial trading or even wholesale energy markets and portfolio management is seen as a plus
- strong analytical and structured way of thinking, high organizational skills, able to excel even in an unstructured environment
- excellent spoken and written communication skills in English, good command of another European language is seen as a plus
- basic communication skills in Czech
- Please send us your CV in English.
- the opportunity to shape the new energy world
- the chance to shape E.ON’s future
- exciting business challenges to be solved
- a space to develop ideas and create personal impact
- an agile and hands-on environment
- 5 weeks of vacation
- contribution to supplementary pension insurance and other benefits based on collective agreement
- flexible working hours
- education and systematic professional development
- pleasant work team
ID position: 153834
Closing date: 10.11.2021
Are you interested in this job position and are you wondering where to send your CV?
Just click on the blue box Login and create an online application in our database. We will contact you as soon as possible! If you have any questions, you can contact Jarmila Grulová (email@example.com).
E.ON is commited to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 75 000 colleagues in 15 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world. We are the first large energy company to focus more heavily upon the energy of the future through our three business areas of energy networks, renewable energies and customer solutions.